So I don’t know about you but I feel like I am constantly hearing about there being a shortage of women in tech…but I don’t really see many people doing anything about it.
There are certainly times when I consider my A-level choices of Psychology, Theatre Studies and History and think…why oh why didn’t I do Maths, Economics and Physics and go on to do a Computer Science degree. Pretty sure I’d have invented the latest Facebook by now right?
Well, finally there are some people out there trying to make Mums tech dreams a reality.
Esther from Mum Plus Business, an organisation which promotes Mums returning back to work has created an 8 week app development programme. The course is aimed at:
- Entrepreneurs with app ideas who want to make their own app.
- Entrepreneurs who have commissioned someone else to make their app and need to understand what they are doing.
- People in tech adjacent roles (designers, project managers, product managers) who work with app developers.
- Non-mobile developers who want to learn app programming.
- People looking to up-skill to find flexible work.
That’s great I hear you say, but who is going to look after the kids? Well they are! While you study a team of highly trained childcare workers will watch your little ones so you can study in peace. Such a great idea, right?
The course is being held at Action for Children in Central London, for more information email email@example.com or head over to www.mumplusbusiness.co.uk